Shopping Policies and Guarantees
Shopping Policies and Guarantees
Few Instruments are Ready to be Sold Right out of the Box
In spite of all the precautions taken by manufacturers, few instruments are ready to be sold right out of the box.
You can take peace of mind knowing that every stringed, brass, and woodwind instrument has been unboxed, set-up, and tested by one of our in-house professionally-trained technicians.
This is a timely process that is not undertaken by our competitors, and how we are able to guarantee excellent playing condition. Also included in this assurance is a complimentary in-store instrument check-up within 1-year of purchase.
Best Price Guarantee
Cosmo will match the selling price of any identical product from any Canadian retailer that has that item in-stock, up until 30 days after purchase. This does not apply to online marketplaces (for example Amazon, eBay, Kijiji, Reverb).Cosmo Music reserves the right to verify the prospective competitor's pricing. Due to manufacturer restrictions, some products are excluded from this guarantee. Items must be regularly sold or available for sale by Cosmo Music. Competitors' in-stock items must be factory-sealed new product and do not include; demo models, factory seconds, sale items, discontinued merchandise, or floor samples. Does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, free or bonus offers, minimum quantity, or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, financing, or other special offers. Cosmo Music will match combined or multiple offers at its sole discretion. Does not apply to items purchased through auction or services including but not limited to rentals, repairs or lessons. See Returns & Exchanges for further details.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Cosmo Music will exchange or return for full refund items purchased within 30 days if in unused new condition and in original packaging. Original receipt is required. See Returns & Exchanges for further details.
We Always Sell New Items Unless Stated Otherwise
We follow common practices in the music retail industry in that we often open original packing sent from our manufacturers and suppliers. This is the case because our technicians need to set up and test for Quality Assurance or because items are produced in limited numbers and may be set up for display purposes. When we ship orders we re-pack in the original packaging when possible. Items that have been refurbished or were returns go through our inspections and will be clearly indicated. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee ensures that you are satisfied with every purchase.
Shipping and Pick-Up
We only ship to Canadian addresses. To keep things easy and to avoid surprise extra costs, we don’t charge shipping or handling on orders over $99 (before tax and shipping calculation). There are a few reasonable exceptions like very large or heavy items as well as shipping to remote areas. We also offer Curbside Pick-up and pick up in-store.
Returns and Exchanges
You may exchange or return for full refund items within 30 days if in unused new condition and in original packaging (100% Satisfaction Guarantee).
- 30 days is determined from whichever applies: purchase date (in-store purchases), shipment date (CosmoMusic.ca purchases), or pick up date (curbside or pick up in-store CosmoMusic.ca purchases).
- Returns for purchases made between October 25th to December 10th will have an extended return privilege until January 9th of the new year.
- Some exceptions apply, which typically include gift receipts, shipping charges, special orders, items marked as final sale, health reasons, or copyright reasons. See exception details for a more comprehensive list as well as CosmoMusic.ca product pages.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable, however, we will gladly refund your original shipping cost from Cosmo if you are returning an item because of an error on our part or we have determined that the product is defective.
Shipping your Return to Cosmo
Before shipping items back to Cosmo Music, request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from your CosmoMusic.ca 'My Account' page. Shipping charges back to Cosmo is your responsibility, however, we will gladly arrange shipping back to us if it is deemed you would like to return an item because of an error on our part or we have determined that the product is defective.
Bringing your Return to Cosmo
In-store or CosmoMusic.ca purchases may be returned in-store with a receipt or packing slip. An immediate refund may not always be possible; your items will be forwarded to the appropriate team member to be reviewed.
Cosmo Complete Coverage (in-store only)
Complete Protection and Peace of Mind
Cosmo Complete Coverage is your complete protection and peace of mind. It's a hassle-free extended warranty program that covers you in almost any circumstance you can imagine. You never know when your gear may need to be protected, and the Cosmo Complete Coverage programs gives you one less thing to worry about. This program is only available in store with your purchase and the coverage cost is based on the price of your item. Come in and talk to any of the Cosmo team members for more information, we're here for you.
Desjardins Financing (in-store only)
Take Advantage of Financing Through Desjardins When You Spend $500 or More
This is a perfect opportunity to get the instrument or gear you need now and pay for it with an affordable payment plan. On approved credit with Desjardins, when you spend $500 or more in-store, your purchase can be spread out so as not to hurt your wallet so much. Stop by for a visit and speak with a Cosmo Music Specialist, and ask what Desjardins promotion is available today.
Offer only applies to new in-store purchases. Offer not valid online. In the event of a printing error or any other error, Cosmo Music reserves the right to cancel or amend this offer without notice. Subject to approval by La Fédération des Caisses Desjardins du Québec. All terms and conditions can be found on the Financing page
Cosmo Music Gift Cards (in-store only)
Cosmo Music is one of biggest and best musical instrument retail stores in the world; this is an easy and welcomed gift for the musicians on your list! This card can only be used at the store (10 Via Renzo Dr, Richmond Hill ON) and cannot be used for online purchases. Cosmo Music gift cards can be purchased in-store or purchased online and used in-store.
The card does not expire and can be redeemed for merchandise or services, for example: Guitars & Gear, Drums & Percussion, Band & Orchestra, Home, Acoustic & Digital Pianos, Keyboards, Recording & Software, Live Sound, DJ & Lighting, Print Music & Teaching Materials, Accessories, Apparel & Gifts, Private & Group Lessons from Cosmo School of Music, Instrument Repair, Band & Orchestra Rentals, Piano Rentals, Pro Audio & Instrument Rental, GearHeadz (on-site set-up and consultation), and Event Production.
Terms & Conditions
Issuance and use of this card constitutes acceptance of the following terms which may be revised at any time. Card balance may be redeemed for merchandise or services (such as rentals, repairs, lessons) in-store at Cosmo Music. Not redeemable for online purchases. Not redeemable for payment towards pre-arranged financing. Not redeemable for cash or credit in whole or part (change will not be issued for any unused balance). Cards are final sale and cannot be returned for refund. The value of this card will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or used without permission. Protect this card like cash.
Trade-Ins and Consignments (in-store only)
Cosmo Music has one of the most advantageous trade-In, purchase and consignment models in the country. You can receive up to 80% of the price that we determine we can sell your item for in the store.
Layaways (in-store only)
Cosmo Music offers a layaway program for those who want to secure the hold of a desired item and/or make monthly instalments when a complete upfront payment cannot be made. Cosmo Music retains the item on hold and only releases the item once payment in full is received or the payment plan is complete. This is a great way to make sure the item you desire remains in the store and out of the hands of other adoring fans.
- The minimum down payment/deposit required to place an item on layaway is 20% (minimum does not apply to print music)
- The maximum length of time available to pay the full balance outstanding on the item purchased is 60 days. After 60 days has expired, the item will be returned to regular stock and sold. Once expired, the deposit is either forfeited or a reimbursement can be requested for the total amount paid less a 20% restocking fee
- Returns of layaways can be made within 30 days of the original layaway down payment (the date of original sale invoice). After 30 days, a 20% re-stocking fee will apply to all returns. All returned layaways will be refunded by mailed cheque
Special Orders (in-store only)
Cosmo Music’s large purchasing power allows us to buy almost anything you can imagine (provided we are a licensed dealer of the product) and we’ve even created a quick and easy process to make it as effortless as possible. Once items arrive, you will be contacted by your salesperson to come and pick it up or even arrange to have it shipped. Easy as 1-2-3!
- The minimum down payment/deposit is required to place an item on special order is 20% (minimum does not apply to print music). If the item is a "custom order" (customized for the individual) and/or is not easily sellable if returned, 50% down payment is required and is non-refundable
- Special Order requires a 20% refundable down payment
- Custom Order requires a 50% non-refundable down payment
- The maximum length of time that a special ordered item will be held once it arrives is 30 days. After 30 days has expired the item will be returned to regular stock and sold or returned to the supplier. After the hold period has expired deposits may be used towards the purchase of another product, or the same product if still in stock
- Regular return privileges apply (see return policy) unless the item is a custom order (a product arranged as a custom order are not returnable)
Event or Special Sale Pricing
Sale prices for items sold during event or special sale days or promotions are available on the published sale dates and for in-stock items only unless otherwise noted. Excludes all Cosmo Music services such as Rentals, Repairs, Lessons, consignment items, price matches, taxes, shipping charges, and gift cards. Special offers or sale prices cannot be combined with teacher or student discounts, other coupons, promotions, or other offers. Cosmo Music reserves the right to refuse refunds, returns, or exchanges during sale dates in order to reduce customer wait times.
The Best Price Guarantee policy remains in effect for items purchased on or before sale dates but is only applicable to products that are in-stock and have a published, specifically marked down price. Discounts that are applied to complete purchase at the point of check-out (in-store or online) do not qualify for price match or best price guarantee, for example: Scratch and Save, BOGO (Buy-One-Get-One) promotions, "Game of Chance" discounts (for example - Boxing Week and CosmoFEST spin and save promotions), storewide discount events (for example - Black Friday / Cyber Monday), as well as complete product category specials (for example - all Cosmo brand stands on sale for 10% off). Best Price Guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints.
Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
Cosmo Music adheres to and fully supports the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. The Cosmo Music Accessibility Standards for Customer Service Policy is available upon request.
Fixing Errors or Misprints
We do our best to provide you with up-to-date and accurate information. In the event that an error does occur, Cosmo Music reserves the right to correct or cancel an order at any time and/or edit an order to reflect the correction.
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected as quickly as possible once discovered. Cosmo Music reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Cosmo Music will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
While we do our best to ensure the accuracy and completeness of product information, it is always a good idea to refer to the manufacturer’s website for complete product details.
Cosmo Music is proud to be a part of the internet community that does not promote the use of spamming and selling or renting out customer lists and information. Cosmo Music will not sell, rent, give away or disclose our customer information to other companies or third parties. All information submitted on this website will never be released to other companies. Cosmo Music supports and adheres to Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
Cosmo Music Co. Ltd has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website (cosmomusic.ca):
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website
- Our site's registration form requires users to give us contact information (like their name and email address) which is used to process orders and contact the visitor when necessary
- This site contains links to other external sites; Cosmo Music Co. Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content for these websites
- Our site uses order forms for customers to request information, products and services
- We collect visitor's financial information (like their account or credit card numbers); information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services rendered
This website uses SSL technology to guarantee the safety of all information submitted on our site. Cosmo Music refuses to sell any information to any outside company. All information submitted on this site will remain confidential.