Curbside order pick-up (after ready email) & curbside repairs is 7 days a week 11am to 6pm. Retail store, repair counter, & rental counter open Wed to Sun, 11am to 6pm.
1-800-463-3000 ext. 370
Wednesday to Sunday, 11am - 6pm
Audio, Video, Lighting, Staging, and Backline Rentals
We offer a wide range of professional sound, lighting, video, staging, and backline equipment for short and long-term rental needs. Our clients range from weekend warriors to professional musicians to those throwing a party in their backyard to professional event planners and concert promoters - and our inventory is continually expanding at our client’s request.
We take reservations and offer guaranteed confirmations on events for future dates - please contact us the Pro Rental Desk to start planning your next event.
How to Make Your Booking
We can verify availability and reserve your required rental equipment at any time in the future, whether you're picking up that afternoon, next month or next year. Our systems allow us to finely detail a unique quotation to suit your needs, and the detail on your quotation is what allows us to ensure availability for your event.
Here's How it Works:
1. We get you a Unique Quotation:
- Come see us in person at the Rental Desk, call us at 1-800-463-3000 x370 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your email:
Your Full name, address and phone number
Your Date and time of preferred pickup
Your Date and time of preferred return
- We'll help you figure out what is required for your event and build a quotation for you to suit your needs.
- We'll verify or create your client file and provide you with a written quotation for your event: your client file includes your name and contact details, as well as your driver's license and credit card information for deposits, payments, and extensions. Your unique quotation will contain all the details: your booking number and customer contact information; a detailed list of equipment, cables and accessories; and your pick-up/return dates and times, our location, and the total cost that is due upon pick-up.
2. We Confirm Your Booking
When you're ready to confirm the booking, you have two options: you can Pencil or Confirm.
Pencil: When you "Pencil" your booking, we have verified the availability of the equipment at the time and expect it to be available for pick-up. When you arrive, we will complete your rental agreement, pack your equipment, and the cost of your rental is due at that time.
Confirm: Several of our clients prefer to guarantee their rentals in advance by completing their agreement and payments in advance, which guarantees the equipment will be held for them and prepared - Pick-up takes less time (especially on large orders) and they know exactly what will be waiting for them when they arrive.
What you Should Know
- Your Rental Agreement will have complete details and conditions, please ask if you have any questions or concerns.
- All rentals to private individuals require the renter to present their valid Ontario Driver's License and their valid Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card at the time of pick-up.
- Rentals to companies or educational institutions with billing accounts in good standing do not require a credit card, but will require a Driver's License for identification.
- The credit card used by the renter is regarded as a deposit and will be used for any and all future charges that may apply to the rental agreement including loss, damage, extensions, etc.
- The renter's credit card will be authorized (not charged) at the time of pick-up for an amount up to the full replacement value of the goods being rented.
- The renter is fully responsible for any equipment during the contract terms.
- Equipment will only be released for transport in appropriate customer-supplied vehicles. All vehicles must be fully enclosed (car/van, cube truck, and enclosed trailers are acceptable when carrying the appropriate sized loads/weights). Equipment will not be released for transport in non-enclosed vehicles (pick-up truck or open trailer). At all times, safety is the responsibility of the renter.
- All counter rental pickups are after 12 Noon.
- All rentals due back by closing the next business day.
- All late rentals will be automatically extended for the contract term and price without notice.
- Any equipment/accessories not returned will be charged to the renter's credit card without notice.
Looking for Delivery and/or Pick-up? Have a Large Rental or Production?
We not only offer plain-old over-the-counter rentals but also full-on Event Production; and no matter which venue or what you need we can make it happen - including professional engineers and technicians, transport, and the right gear!
Pro Audio & Instrument Rental Reference
Listed below is a collection of PDF files assembled here for your general reference. They offer useful information on the products we carry, their effective use and guidelines to help make your next show a success. Please note that these files do not belong to Cosmo Music and are offered here as reference materials only.
- How to Set up a Drum Set
- Care and Feeding of Cables
- Care and Feeding of Lavaliere Microphones
- EAW Subwoofer Processor Settings
- EAW JFX Processor Settings
- An Overview of Audio System Grounding and Shielding by Bill Whitlock
- How to Not Electrocute a Performer on Stage
- Stagehand Guidelines
- UL Definition of Cable Types
- RS232 Pinout Conversion to XLR
- Audio Technica - Brief Guide to Microphones
- Soundcraft - LCR Panning
- Soundcraft - A Guide to Mixing
- Soundcraft - Balanced Connections
- Soundcraft - Interconnect Wiring
- Soundcraft - Mixing with VCAs
- Soundcraft - Wye Cables
- Soundcraft - Console Matrix
- Crown - Mic Techniques for Hi-Energy Praise & Worship Services
- Crown - Training People on How to Use Microphones
- Crown - Caring for your Microphones
- Crown - Speech for Sound Reinforcement Guide
- Crown - Microphones for School Application Guide
- Crown - 22 Years of Microphone Memos
- Crown - Boundary Microphone Application Guide
- Wireless Systems - Working with Sennheiser Evolution G3 Wireless Systems
- Top 10 FAQs About Wireless
- Frequency Info for Sennheiser Wireless Microphone Systems - B Band
- Frequency Info for Sennheiser Wireless Microphone Systems - G Band
- Frequency Info for Sennheiser Wireless IEM Monitor Systems - A Band