Cosmo Music is always on the lookout for qualified and energetic individuals interested in working in a positive and progressive retail environment. We'll make sure to provide you with the opportunity to grow and develop your skills, as long as you promise to bring passion and your utmost dedication to work every single day.
At Cosmo Music, our mission is to enthusiastically nurture, inspire, and empower the music making aspirations of everyone we engage with. This means we continually celebrate the broad range of instruments that each individual holds a passion. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. Accommodation is available as required for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all interested applicants who apply; however, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. We do not accept zipped email attachments.
Why Join the Team?
- Competitive wages and flexible benefits
- Opportunity to advance your career
- A team that cares and treats you like family
- Culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Celebrates and rewards our team members
- Share and expand your music expertise
- We have a passion for music and instruments of all kinds
- Established in 1968, over 50 years in the music business; founded by Tom Hebert, family owned and operated, currently lead by Tom’s son Mark Hebert
- In 2008, Cosmo Music opened its 60,150 sq ft superstore, the single largest musical instrument store in North America
- Over 200 employees including 25 repair technicians and 80+ highly qualified teachers
- Cosmo Music is a full-line music dealer offering sales, rentals, and repairs of an extensive range of musical instruments, sound equipment, accessories, print music, and repertoire
- The Cosmo School of Music provides private and group lessons to hundreds of students each week, both in person and online
- In addition to our Retail Store, Educational Services Division, School of Music, Repair Shop, and Cosmo Pro production services, we also serve a vast customer base through ecommerce via our website (CosmoMusic.ca) and various marketplace channels (Amazon.ca, BestBuy.ca, Reverb.ca, and Walmart.ca), processing and shipping hundreds of orders each day
- Launch Music is our newest division, supporting B2B distribution Canada-wide
Read more about us.
Cosmo School of Music Camp Volunteer
We're always looking for individuals to join our team of dedicated music educators during our music camps. By volunteering at Cosmo School of Music you can:
- Build your resume and gain valuable experience working with children in a camp setting
- Earn the compulsory 40 hours of community service for high school (check with school for eligibility)
- Receive a reference letter from the Director of Cosmo School of Music, which can be used for university, college, and / or job applications
- Be a part of a team of dedicated music educators and make new friends Positively impact the lives of young music students by sharing your love of music
Cosmo Pro Sales & Business Development Manager
Reports to: Director, Cosmo Pro
Cosmo Pro provides complete event A/V solutions through the rental, sale, and installation of audio, video, lighting, and related equipment to fulfill our client’s technical needs for their events. This can range from corporate meetings to house of worship services, to large-scale outdoor festivals. We operate both in a retail environment and provide on-site technical services for both events and installations. We are seeking an individual with strong sales abilities, interpersonal skills, and account management to work with our current clients and establish new client relationships.
- An increase in revenue and constantly seeking out areas for growth
- Managing time effectively, allowing for more time to seek new accounts
Scope of Responsibilities
- Represent the company as an account manager and sales consultant for our existing client base while seeking out and expanding new clients and relationships
- Seek new areas for growth by identifying potential leads and developing those opportunities
- Promote the Cosmo Pro portfolio of products and services in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and beyond
- Meet with potential clients and grow long lasting relationships by understanding their needs and demonstrating how our solutions will effectively meet them
- Design & deploy AVL solutions to Cosmo Pro clients, including businesses and organizations, houses of worship, schools, live event venues, and more
- Identify areas where we can connect customers with the full range of services that Cosmo Pro offers
- Provide on-site support, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Constantly learn about new products and advise both clients and teammates on new developments within the industry
- Lead by example and inspire our sales team to engage with clients and maximize sales opportunities
- Recent graduates of a Music Technology, Audio Production or Music Business program — or alumni of these types of programs with 3 years sales experience
- Experience Managing a client base
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet the needs of our diverse clients
- Motivated to succeed and possesses the desire to provide the highest level of customer service
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, with strong time management skills
- Understanding of live event environments and how AVL plays a role in an event’s success
- Possesses a strong desire to continually learn and develop expertise, becoming a trusted advisor to clients
- A clean driver’s abstract and minimum 3 years of experience driving with an Ontario full G level license
As a sales position, this role has a base salary and incentive plan. You can grow your income through the effective execution of a sales process, providing a great customer experience, and growing our business!
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a full resume and cover letter to:Ryan McLeod
Please include “Pro Sales & Business Development” in the subject line.
As a teacher with the Cosmo School of Music you will be responsible for enthusiastically nurturing, inspiring, and empowering the music making aspirations of everyone we engage with. You will provide superior individualized and comprehensive music instruction with a focus on: repertoire, theory, written theory, technique, sight reading, ear training, improvisation, and rhythm. This role will involve helping students learn more about music, develop a sensitive and critical listening ear, create, and perform music, and build an understanding of the role of music in history and contemporary society. These are all vital ingredients in the education of every student.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Nurture, teach, and show students in a 1:1 teaching environment how to use an instrument or their voice
- Guide them as they perform and refine what they are doing to achieve the desired level of skill
- Prepare teaching materials for individual students
- Take daily attendance and communicate with front desk staff as needed
- Connect with parents as needed to ensure forward progress
- Engage the student in the lesson series successfully
- Working with the student to achieve the desired learning objectives and skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Music with at least 3 years teaching experience
- High performance standard for primary instruments taught
- Must be able to explain complex musical concepts to students in an easy and accessible way
- Great communicator
- Excellent organizational skills
- Consistent availability for at least 1 year
- Ontario Teaching Certificate is considered an asset
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a full resume and cover letter to:
Please include “Music Teacher and the instrument you teach” in the subject line.
Cashier & Customer Experience Specialist
Cosmo Music Team members are driven by a passion for music, music making, and music making gear. We genuinely care about our customers' musical aspirations, and we are enthusiastic to help nurture, inspire, and empower them. We listen carefully and apply our knowledge and expertise to guide them to the solutions that best meet their needs, consistently striving to provide an exceptional customer experience throughout the process.
Our Cashiers are responsible for maintaining a friendly, welcoming environment, assisting customers at the point of purchase, and ensuring an excellent customer experience all around. As a trusted team member, when not assisting customers with their final purchase, you may be asked to ensure that products are fully stocked within the atrium and that retail space is maintained to present a clean and tidy store.
- With attention to detail, you assist the customer at the point of purchase ensuring accuracy of the transaction
- Process payments involving a variety of payment methods
- Open, close, and reconciliation of individually assigned till
- Achieve an elevated level of customer loyalty and attract new customers - by enthusiastically assisting customers, displaying a genuine interest in meeting their needs, nurturing customer relationships, and continually building our reputation as a premier music dealer
- You may assist with gift and apparel sales or ensure a Gear Specialist is engaged to assist for both in-store and online customers as required
- Two years of experience in a cashier position preferred with a customer service orientation
- Excellent organizational abilities; can prioritize in a busy environment
- Knowledge of at least one family of instruments is a plus
- Exhibit superior interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Ability to anticipate situations and problem-solve independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a full resume with references to:
Chris Fountain, Assistant Store Manager
Please include "Job ID: Cashier and Customer Experience Specialist" in the subject line.
We are always looking for great warehouse team members at all levels of capability. We will make sure to provide you with the opportunity to gain experience and develop your skills if you promise to bring passion and your utmost dedication to work every single day.
Are you ready to learn and support our company’s warehouse operations? You will receive, input, sort, load and unload products, and you will perform various warehouse activities.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Process, package, and ship orders accurately
- Organize stock and maintain inventory
- Inspect products for defect and damage
- Examine ingoing and outgoing shipments
- Organize warehouse space
- Receive, unload, and place incoming inventory items appropriately
- Check, verify, and fill customer invoices
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Keep warehouse clean and organized daily
This Role Is For You, If You Can Show Us
- You have some warehouse experience or can take direction well
- Ability to lift or move heavy products; this is a physically oriented position with technology support
- High school diploma preferred but we look for team players and hard workers too
- Good communication skills
- Good people skills to be able to get along with fellow members of a team
- Possess excellent organizational and coordination abilities
- Able to multi-task and place priorities in an orderly manner
- You are an individual that pays keen attention to even the smallest of details
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment would be a benefit
- Clean driving record (from time to time you may be asked to deliver or pick up an item)
- Adequate knowledge of warehouse data system would be a benefit
- You are flexible and adaptable in your ability to work shifts
Compensation for this role starts at an hourly rate of $17 to $19 with the opportunity to gain experience and develop your skills while bringing passion and dedication to your work.
How to Apply
Please submit a full resume to:
Adrian Ruesegger, Warehouse Manager
Please include “Job ID: Warehouse Associate” in the subject line.