Quick OverviewSoftware Gary Garritan Steinway Professional
The Authorized Steinway Virtual Concert Grand Piano is a software piano that is endorsed by and developed in collaboration with Steinway & Sons, maker of the world's finest pianos.
This software instrument accurately captures the distinctive sound of the hallmark and legendary Steinway & Sons Model D concert grand piano - with unprecedented authenticity and musicality.
The Basic version, ideal for students, musicians, and educators, is a lighter version that offers the Under the Lid listening perspective. The Basic version is available in downloadable format, just download and play.
The Professional version is presented in an exquisite hardcover book and offers the superb Steinway Model D piano with five different listening perspectives:
- Player perspective from the bench
- A Classical recording perspective
- An Under-the-lid perspective
- A Stage perspective
- A Close Audience perspective
The Steinway concert grand piano chosen for the sample set is among Steinway's finest Model D's newly voiced, regulated, and meticulously tuned by a master Steinway technician. Recording was done in one of the finest venues in the world, The Troy Music Hall.About Steinway & Sons
Steinway & Sonsproduces the world's finest pianos. Steinway pianos are sold by nearly 200 authorized dealers worldwide. Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc. is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol LVB for Ludwig van Beethoven. Steinway & Sons was founded on March 5, 1853 by German immigrant Henry Engelhard Steinway and his sons in New York City, one of the major centers of the piano-making industry in North America at that time. Henry, a master piano-maker, built his first piano in the kitchen of his home in Germany. Over the next forty years, Henry and his sons developed the modern piano, patenting the most significant technologies in the piano industry.
"This was a very important project for Steinway & Sons," states Gary Green, Vice President Business Development and Customer Satisfaction. "We were extremely lucky to have Gary Garritan work with us on this technically and musically complex project. Although both Steinway & Sons and Gary Garritan recognize that nothing can replace the actual Steinway piano, we are extremely delighted that there is now a sampling product that comes closest to capturing the distinctive Steinway sound that we are proud to endorse."
Advanced programming also makes this a truly "playable" and responsive library. Among its many features:
- Created in partnership with Steinway & Sons
- The very finest concert grand pianothe Steinway Model D Concert Grand hand-picked by Steinway & Sons
- Overseen by Steinway & Sons' most accomplished master technician
- Sustain/Sostenuto/Soft pedal support
- Proportional sustain pedaling
- Multiple-stage tracking release triggers to provide the natural release of the hammer from the string (Pro Version)
- Sustain resonance and sympathetic resonance using convolution-based DSP modules
- Adjustable mechanical noises
- Adjustable velocity curves
- Recorded soft pedal samples including releases
- Adjustable polyphony
- A variety of historical tunings and Scala files
- Aria Instrument Engine by Plogue included
- MIDI playback and record in standalone
- Ambience reverb and 3 band EQ
- Graceful Copy Protection (no dongles or challenge response)
- Many more compelling features
Powered by the robust and reliable ARIA Instrument Engine, the Garritan Authorized Steinway Virtual Concert Grand runs on these platforms:
- MAC OS X 10.4 and higher
- Windows XP/Vista
- Plug-in (VST, Audio Units and RTAS), as well as supported notation programs.
- PC: Core 2 Duo CPU or better recommended.
- Mac: MacIntel required; OS X 10.5 (32Bit),- OS X 10.6 and 10.7 (32Bit & 64Bit).
- 2 GB RAM Recommended
- Professional Edition 24 bit - 67GB free hard drive space (45GB 16 bit)
- Basic Version - 3.5GB free hard drive space (download size 300MB).
- Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
- DVD ROM drive required for installation
- Monitor with 1,024x768 resolution or better
- A sound card compatible with ASIO
- MIDI: Many keyboards use USB. A MIDI interface may be required if you are using a MIDI keyboard (88-key full-sized MIDI keyboard with pedals is recommended).
- High quality speakers and amplifier, or high quality headphones
- Internet connection for online registration and download of Basic version.
Part # GG-SW-PRO-H