Shopping Policies and Guarantees
Have a question that is not answered here
or an issue with your purchase?
We want to help, give us an email or call.
Cosmo Music's Quality Assurance Tags are affixed to every stringed, brass and woodwind instrument by one of our in-house technicians before being placed on display or sold.
This is a timely process that is not undertaken by our competitors but we feel it is important because it gives you peace of mind that your instrument has been set-up, tested by a professional and guaranteed to be in excellent playing condition. Also included in this assurance is a complimentary in-store instrument check-up within 1-year of purchase.
Best Price Guarantee
Cosmo Music will match the selling price of any product from any Canadian retailer that has that item in-stock, up until 30 days after purchase. See details note 1 and Returns & Exchanges for further details.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Cosmo Music will exchange or return for full refund items purchased within 30 days if in un-used new condition and in original packaging. Original receipt is required. See details note 2 and Returns & Exchanges for further details.
Returns & Exchanges
Shipping your Return back to the Cosmo Music Store
Before shipping items back to Cosmo Music, request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Simply log-in to your Cosmo Music account, choose your order, choose return and submit the request. It will take approximately 2 business days before an RMA is issued to you; follow the directions provided. Packages returned without an RMA number may be refused.
All returned items must be in the same condition as when you purchased it, in original packaging, with all manuals and warranty card. Returns should show no signs of wear or abuse otherwise the return will either be refused or subject to a minimum 15% restocking fee (restocking fee rate at Cosmo Music's sole and arbitrary discretion). See note 2 for further details.
The same credit card used to make the purchase will be credited with the refund. The credit will be made within 5 to 7 business days of us receiving and verifying the returned merchandise. Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable; however, we will gladly refund your original shipping cost if you are returning an item because of an error on our part or we have determined that the product is defective.
Items purchased online but picked up in a store can only be returned to the Cosmo Music store. Bring with you the original sales receipt provided at the time of the pickup.
Bring in your Return to the Cosmo Music Store
Simply bring the item(s) you wish to return in its original condition along with your receipt or packing slip that came with the order within 30 days of the shipment date. The shipment date of your order can be found on your packing slip. Please note a refund cannot be provided immediately; your items will be forwarded to the appropriate staff to be reviewed then the refund will be processed by our accounts department. See note 2 for further details.
Mouthpieces, open packages of reeds, harmonicas, software, headphones, ear plugs, microphones, DJ Stylus and cartridges, fog fluid, cleaning products, opened strings, amplifier tubes, print music, books, CD's and videos, custom orders and limited edition items may not be returned under any circumstances. Returns may not be available on specially ordered products or products not in stock at time of order. Our return policy does not apply to items purchased through auction or services including rentals, repairs or lessons. See note 2 for further details.
Protection of Artist's Copyrighted Works
Cosmo Music upholds Canadian and International Copyright Laws to protect the rights of artists that make music. Copyright Law prohibits reproduction by means of photocopying, handwriting, printing or taking photographic images of copyrighted printed materials. In support of those who create and publish copyrighted works, there are absolutely no refunds or exchanges on printed music. Once print music has been purchased it is considered used and cannot be re-sold.
Cosmo Music offers a layaway program for those who want to secure the hold of a desired item and/or make monthly installments when a complete upfront payment cannot be made. Cosmo Music retains the item on hold and only releases the item once payment in full is received or the payment plan is complete. This is a great way to make sure the item you desire remains in the store and out of the hands of other adoring fans!
- The minimum down payment/deposit required to place an item on layaway is 20% (minimum does not apply to print music).
- The maximum length of time available to pay the full balance outstanding on the item purchased is 60 days. After 60 days has expired the item will be returned to regular stock and sold. Once expired, the deposit is either forfeited or a reimbursement can be requested for the total amount paid less a 20% restocking fee.
- Returns of layaways can be made within 30 days of the original layaway down payment (the date of original sale invoice). After 30 days a 20% re-stocking fee will apply to all returns. All returned layaways will be refunded by mailed cheque.
Cosmo Music will gladly place items on hold for you if you just can’t make it here on time; we’ll leave them on hold for up to 2 days.
- Items may be placed on hold for a maximum of 48 hours. After the 48 hour time frame has lapsed the item will be returned to regular stock and may be sold.
- Sale priced items or items on a sale day MAY NOT be placed on hold.
Cosmo Music’s huge purchasing power allows us to buy almost anything you can imagine (provided we are a licenced dealer of the product) and we’ve even created a quick and easy process to make it as effortless as possible! Once items arrive, you will be contacted by your salesperson to come and pick it up or even arrange to have it shipped. Easy as 1-2-3!
- The minimum down payment/deposit is required to place an item on special order is 20% (minimum does not apply to print music). If the item is a "custom order" (customized for the individual) and/or is not easily sellable if returned, 50% down payment is required and is non-refundable.
- Special Order requires a 20% refundable down payment
- Custom Order requires a 50% non-refundable down payment
- The maximum length of time that a special ordered item will be held once it arrives is 30 days. After 30 days has expired the item will be returned to regular stock and sold or returned to the supplier. After the hold period has expired deposits may be used towards the purchase of another product, or the same product if still in stock.
- Regular return privileges apply (see regular return policy) unless the item is a "custom order" ("custom order" products are not returnable).
We Always Sell New Items Unless Stated Otherwise
We follow common practices in the music retail industry in that we often open original packing sent from our manufacturers and suppliers. This is the case because our technicians need to set up and test for Quality Assurance or because items are produced in limited numbers and may be set up for display purposes. When we ship orders we re-pack in the original packaging when possible. Items that have been refurbished or were returns go through our inspections and will be clearly indicated. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee ensures that you are satisfied with every purchase.
Event or Special Sale Pricing
Sale prices for items sold during event or special sale days are available on the published sale dates only. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee as well as Best Price Guarantee policies remain in effect for items purchased on or before sale dates. Customers may bring in receipts for products purchased up to 30 days prior to the current sale date for a refund or credit of the difference in price plus applicable taxes.
Holiday Gift Receipts
Gift receipt valid for exchange or store credit only. Christmas Gift Returns for purchases made between October 25th to December 10th will have an extended return privilege until January 9th of the new year.
Fixing Errors or Misprints
We do our best to provide you with up-to-date and accurate information. In the event that an error does occur, Cosmo Music reserves the right to correct or cancel an order at any time and/or edit an order to reflect the correction.
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected as quickly as possible once discovered. Cosmo Music reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Cosmo Music will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
While we do our best to ensure the accuracy and completeness of product information, it is always a good idea to refer to the manufacturer’s website for complete product details.
1. Cosmo Music reserves the right to verify the prospective competitor's pricing. Due to manufacturer restrictions, some products are excluded from this guarantee. Items must be regularly sold or available for sale by Cosmo Music. Competitors' in-stock items must be factory-sealed new product and do not include; demo models, factory seconds, sale items, discontinued merchandise or floor samples. Does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, free or bonus offers, minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, financing or other special offers. Cosmo Music will match combined or multiple offers at its sole discretion. Does not apply to items purchased through auction or services including but not limited to rentals, repairs or lessons.
2. Purchases made by credit or debit card must be returned on the card of original purchase. Purchases made using a credit on account or gift card will be refunded back to the same. Refunds are made for product purchase price only and exclude all shipping and handling or delivery charges. All repair or service costs required to put items into original condition as when purchased will be deducted from the refund. All returned items must be in the original packaging complete with warranty card and owner's manual, and must show no signs of wear or abuse; otherwise the return will either be refused or subject to a minimum 15% restocking fee (restocking fee rate at Cosmo Music's sole and arbitrary discretion).