Band & Orchestra Rental Program Terms & Conditions
All rental instruments have been carefully pre-serviced and are in perfect playing order before being rented. Your signature on this contract makes you responsible for the return of the instrument in good working condition excluding normal wear and tear.
The person renting hereby agrees:
- That care of the rented instrument is the responsibility of the parent/student and that he/she shall bear full responsibility for any and all damage occasioned by the instrument during the rental period, reasonable wear and tear excepted, and shall pay any/all costs as specified by the Cosmo Music Protection Plan.
- That all parts and accessories originally in the case must be returned or paid for at the end of the rental period.
- All rental instruments are to be returned directly to Cosmo Music Company Ltd. Do not return your instrument to the school (unless otherwise directed by Cosmo Music). All transportation costs are the responsibility of the person renting.
- To notify Cosmo Music Company Ltd. within 15 days of any change of address, phone number, school or any other change in the account status.
- That refunds, where applicable, will be calculated based on our published rental rates. A one month minimum charge applies.
- That if for any reason the rental becomes 7 days overdue, Cosmo Music may charge additional rent for the same period as the original contract. If the rented items are then returned before the extended due date, the fee will be adjusted to the correct rental rate (minimum $10).
- To pay an additional $20 handling fee should their rental cheque be returned to Cosmo Music Company Ltd. by the bank for any reason.
- That in the event of a default in any rental payment, Cosmo Music Company Ltd. has the right to repossess the instrument immediately and the person renting agrees to relinquish possession of the instrument on demand to Cosmo Music Company Ltd. and/or its servant or agents forthwith.
- To be responsible for and further to indemnify and save harmless Cosmo Music Company Ltd. for any and all costs of repossession of the instrument if any proceedings of any nature or kind whatsoever are required to repossess the instrument.Cosmo Music Company Ltd. reserves the right to terminate the rental contract at any time due to excessive damage caused to the instrument by malicious use. This is at the discretion of the Cosmo Music service department.
50% of the rental payments (up to 2 years, on a continuous contract) may be applied towards the purchase of the rental instrument or a new model of the same instrument (equivalent or upgraded) at any time during the open term of the contract.
During the first 90 days of the rental contract, 100% of the rental payments may be applied towards the purchase of the rental instrument or a new model of the same instrument (equivalent or upgraded).
NOTE: Offer expires upon return of the rental instrument and may not be combined with discounts accumulated on prior or future rental contracts. Rental purchase discounts are applicable to the regular selling price of an instrument and may not be combined with any other special offer or sale price.
Standard Protection Plan (included)
Repairs required due to normal wear and tear are covered free of charge. 75% of the repair costs are covered should the instrument be damaged. The renter is responsible for the remaining 25% Note that basic maintenance tasks such as lubrication and swabbing are the responsibility of the renter. Care instructions are available on our website at cosmomusic.ca
Loss or Theft
In the event that the rental instrument is lost or stolen, the renter is responsible only for the deductible amount listed below rather than the full replacement cost (note that instruments range in value from $300 to $5000).
Deductibles (HST additional)
- Snare Drum, Percussion Kit: $75
- Acoustic/Classical Guitar, Amplifier: $75
- Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar: $100
- Flute, Clarinet, Violin: $150
- Bass or Electric Guitar with Practice Amp: $150
- Piccolo, Trumpet, Trombone: $175
- Orchestra Bells, Viola $175
- Drum Kit (5 piece), Digital Piano: $275
- Alto Sax: $350
- Tenor Sax, Oboe, Valve Trombone: $450
- Baritone, Euphonium, Cello: $450
- Alto Clarinet, Single French Horn: $550
- Bass Trombone: $550
- Soprano Sax, Bass Clarinet: $625
- Double Bass, Double French Horn, Tuba: $750
- Bassoon, Baritone Sax: $950
Deluxe Protection Plan (optional at $2 per month)
For only $2 per month ($20 per school year) our Deluxe Protection Plan will cover the full repair or replacement cost of the instrument if damaged, lost or stolen – no deductible will apply.
Claims (applicable to Standard & Deluxe Protection Plans)
- Damage caused maliciously or by negligence is excluded from coverage (at the discretion of the Cosmo Music Service Department).
- All losses must be reported to the police and Cosmo Music immediately. A police report # and officer badge # must be provided to Cosmo Music before a replacement instrument will be provided.
- Instruments stolen or damaged as a result of being stored overnight at the school are excluded from coverage.
- Instrument accessories such as mouthpieces, ligatures, caps and neck straps are excluded from coverage.