Quick OverviewRecorder Olympus DS-71 16 Bit/44.1KHZ
- 16 bit/ 44 kHz linear PCM recording Linear PCM recording with 16bit/44kHz -- for dependable, high quality digital recording.
- 4GB Internal Memory The 4GB of internal memory provides 1062 hours of recording
- WMA Format Storage Stores highly compressed WMA (Windows Media Audio) format voice messages in integrated flash memory
- MP3 & WMA Playback Playback and store WMA and MP3 music files.
- High-Sensitivity Detachable Microphone High-sensitivity detachable stereo microphone included, offering excellent portability.
- Built-in Monaural Microphone Built-in monaural microphone for monaural recording.
- 4 Directional Microphones Four direction microphones modes to capture everything and Euphony, along with a surround sound system.
- Multiple Recording Modes Several recording modes can be selected including stereo recording modes ST XQ or ST HQ, and three types of monaural recording modes including HQ, SP, and LP.
- Folders Five voice folders can save up to 200 messages per folder. Music, Podcast, and Audible folders are also available.
- Bright LCD Bright high-contrast monochrome LCD panel with backlight.
- Voice Guidance The new enhanced voice guidance feature gives audio notification of operating conditions as well as lets you know when the battery is low. It ensures seamless operation of various complex functions.
- Variable Control Voice Actuator Built-in Variable Control Voice Actuator (VCVA) function.
- Timer Recording Timer Recording and Alarm features enable automatic recording and playing at a set time.
- Low Cut Filter The Low Cut Filter minimizes air conditioner noise and other similar noises while recording.
- Index Marks Index mark and temp mark features allow you to quickly find desired locations.
- Variable Playback Speed Variable playback speed can be controlled as preferred.
- Playback Functions Choose from four playback functions: Repeat, Skip, Fast, and Slow.
- Noise Cancel and Voice Filter Functions Noise Cancel Function and Voice Filter Function cut noise and enable clear audio playback.
- USB Microphone & Speaker Can be used as a USB microphone or USB speaker.
- USB Mass Storage Device Can be utilized as external memory to store pictures, text data, etc.
- Remote Control An included remote control can be attached to the recorder to control recording and stop functions.
- DSS Player Software DSS Player Software (included) enables easy archiving, editing and further processing of recordings.
- Download Podcasts By registering favorite Podcast programs in DSS Player, you can download the latest broadcasting content automatically. New content can be transferred to the recorder simply by connecting it to a computer.
- Audible.com Compatible Compatible with Audible.com files. Store and listen to content purchased from Audible.com.
- Power Adapter The optional AC adapter is available for longer recording.
- 32 Hours Battery Life Up to 32 hours of continuous operation with two AAA batteries.
- DS-71 Digital Voice Recorder
- Stereo Microphone
- USB Cable
- Remote Control
- Carrying Case
- Stereo Earphones
- DSS Player Software
- Instruction Manual
- Two AAA batteries
SpecificationsRecording Format WMA (Windows Media Audio) Recording Media Built-in 4 GB flash memory Recording Time PCM mode: Approximately 6 hours, 10 minutes
STEREO XQ mode: Approximately 67 hours, 50 minutes
STEREO HQ mode: Approximately 135 hours, 40 minutes
STEREO SP mode: Approximately 271 hours, 30 minutes
HQ mode: Approximately 271 hours, 30 minutes
SP mode: Approximately 534 hours, 30 minutes
LP mode: Approximately 1,062 hours, 50 minutes Input Level -63 dBv PC Interface USB LED Two colors (red = record; green = playback) Folders Messages Voice: 5 folders / Up to 200 messages per folder
Audible: 1 folder / Up to 200 files
Music: 1 folder / Up to 200 files
Up to 128 folders, including the pre-created Podcast folder, can be added in up to two layers beneath the Music folder. Each folder can hold up to 200 files. Sampling Frequency PCM mode: 44.1 kHz
STEREO XQ mode: 44.1 kHz
STEREO HQ mode: 44.1 kHz
STEREO SP mode: 22 kHz
HQ mode: 44.1 kHz
SP mode: 22 kHz
LP: 8 kHz Overall Frequency Response PCM mode: 50-20,000 Hz
STEREO XQ mode: 50-19,000 Hz
STEREO HQ: 50-16,000 Hz
STEREO SP mode: 50-9,000 Hz
HQ mode: 50-13,000 Hz
SP mode: 100-8,000 Hz
LP mode: 100-3,000 Hz LP Mode Yes Voice Activation Yes Demographic Data Input Yes Practical Maximum Output 250 mW Write Protection Yes Speaker 23 mm round dynamic speaker Microphone Jack 3.5 mm / Impedance, 1.4 kohms Earphone Jack 3.5 mm / Impedance, 8 ohms Power Supply Two AAA alkaline (LR03 or R03) batteries or two AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries or AC power supply. Batteries Two AAA alkaline batteries External Power Supply Yes Battery Life Alkaline: Recording - Approximately 32 hours;
NiMH: Recording - Approximately 22 hours Size 4.37 x 1.48 x 0.63 in. (111 x 37.5 x 16 mm) without protrusions Weight 2.8 oz. (80 g) with microphone OS Supported Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Home Edition
Windows Vista Ultimate*
Windows Vista Enterprise*
Windows Vista Business*
Windows Vista Home Premium*
Windows Vista Home Basic*
*Requires DSS Player 7.4.1 or later
Mac OS X 10.3.9 ("Panther") and later (32-bit editions only)**
**Requires DSS Player for Macintosh 7.0.1 or later
Requires DSS Player for Macintosh 7.2.2 or later for compatibility with OS X 10.6 ("Snow Leopard")
Download updates by clicking here. CPU Windows 2000/XP: Intel Pentium II class 333 MHz processor or more (If recording to a hard disk directly with the WMA format, please use in the range of 500 MHz or more)
Windows Vista: 800 MHz or more RAM 50 MB or more Sound Board Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 or 100%-compatible sound card Video Card and Display 800 x 600 pixels or more, 256 colors or more Removable Drive 2x or faster CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM drive USB Port At least one free USB port Audio Output Speaker or earphone output
DS-71 Package Contents
Specifications and design are subject to change without notice.