Quick OverviewInterface Frontier 000-TRZ-01 TranzPort Control Surface
Frontier Design Groups new TranzPort represents a revolutionary way to interact with your Windows or Mac digital audio workstation (DAW). Instead of being stuck in front of your computer to compose, record, and produce music/audio, TranzPort gives you the freedom to control DAW functions from anywhere in your studio, because let's face it, wires suck.
TranzPort is easy to set up and use. Right out of the box, its compatible with popular DAW software such as Pro Tools, Sonar, Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer and others. You can arm tracks, use transport controls, set markers, control pans, punch in/out, start loops, and more from TranzPorts simple and intuitive interface. TranzPort is a bi-directional controller, so it also provides feedback to you on signal levels, timecode position, track names and more, via a backlit LCD display and LED indicators.
Unlike infrared remotes, you dont need line-of-sight between the TranzPort and your computer. TranzPort uses high frequency radio waves (RF) to send and receive control data, and uses advanced coding and frequency-hopping techniques to operate without causing interference, even in the presence of other wireless devices.
Using TranzPort, you can
- Adjust monitor mix settings from inside an iso booth, or easily record instruments that are physically incompatible with your workspace (piano, drums, etc.)
- Get creative in an environment away from the computer (living room, lounge, etc.) without having to run back and forth to the workstation
- Control your recording while physically removing yourself from unwanted computer noise and monitor hum
- Add a set of basic DAW controls to a second location in a studio (producers desk, separate room, etc.)
- Remotely control your computer from onstage in live performance without messy cable runs
- And much more!
TranzPort is small and lightweight, runs on standard AA batteries, is mountable to a mic stand (using optional adaptor), and even has a footswitch input. As a very affordable alternative to keyboard/mouse DAW control, TranzPort offers control tools that will speed up your workflow.
Compatible with Windows 2000/XP and Mac OS X (10.2.8 and above), and requiring only one USB port for the small receiver, TranzPort is the remote DAW control solution for everyone from personal/project studios to large commercial recording facilities.
TranzPort its a control thing.
TranzPort is a trademark of Frontier Design Group. Pro Tools is a registered trademark of Avid Technology, Inc. Logic is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. Cubase is a registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. Digital Performer is a registered trademark of Mark of the Unicorn Inc. Sonar is a trademark of Twelve Tone Systems, Inc.
- Requirements: Windows 2000, Windows XP or Mac OS X (10.2.8+) operating system; one available USB port for Tranzceiver interface
- Operational Distance: Over 30 feet (10 meters) typical
- Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz
- Buttons/Controls: REW, FWD, STOP, PLAY, RECORD, CHAN LEFT/RIGHT, RECORD-ARM, MUTE, SOLO, UNDO, IN, OUT, PUNCH, LOOP, SHIFT, PREV, ADD, NEXT, Battery, Backlight, Data Wheel (24 pulse/rev)
- Indicators: RECORD-ARM, MUTE, SOLO, ANY-SOLO, PUNCH, LOOP, RECORD, LINK STATUS, backlit multifunction LCD display
- Power: 4 standard AA batteries
- Included Items: TranzPort remote unit, Tranzceiver USB Interface, (4) AA Batteries, CD-ROM
- Size: Apprx. 7" x 5.5" x 2"
- Weight: Apprx. 1 lb.