Quick OverviewDrum Bass Marching Yamaha MB8216CR 16" Red
**Please note: Size of product shown may vary from the actual size of the products. Please refer to product name and description for accurate details.
Designed for top marching programs, Field-Corps marching bass drums provide a deep, resonant tone, and forceful attack. From the focused tone of the smallest size at 14"to the thunderous boom of the largest model at 32", these bass drums are versatile enough for both indoor and outdoor marching percussion activities
- 7-ply birch/mahogany shell provides a precise balance of deep, resonant tones and solid, punchy attack; this shell configuration not only sounds great it has a much lighter carrying weight than its all-hardwood counterparts
- Like all Yamaha marching multi-toms, Power-Lite models are made with the exclusive Yamaha Air-Seal System, which ensures that the shells start and stay round so they tune clearer and project a pure, fundamental tone
- 45 bearing edge allows each drum to speak clearly, creating precise articulation
- Light, die-cast aluminum lugs are designed with a unique arch-shaped center, an original Yamaha straight-line design that decreases surface to surface contact between the shell and lug; this permits the shell to vibrate freely, which in turn results in greater tone production. Lug designs are 26% lighter and 60% stronger than previous models
- 10-ply birch round edge hoops constructed with the Air-Seal System deliver the strength necessary for consistent, uniform tuning
- All 8200 Series Bass Drums come with smooth white REMO Ambassador bass drum heads
- Claw hook design delivers greater tuning stability by reducing the stress on the tuning bolt under high-tension situations; this ensures easy turning when making tuning adjustments and reduces hoop damage while delivering greater tuning stability
- 5.4mm steel tension rods provide easy, consistent tuning without adding unnecessary weight
- Sound Impact Strips eliminate unwanted overtones, promoting a clear tone and making tuning easier
- Field Corps Bass Drums are available in ten different sizes, from 14" to 32", to cover a wide tonal spectrum
Model Number and Size: MB-8216, 16" X 14" Field-Corps Marching Bass Drum
Shell: 7-Ply Birch and Mahogany.
Hoops: 10-Ply Birch
Lugs: Aluminum die-cast lug design: 16" and 18" bass drums have 8 lugs; 20" bass drum has 10 lugs; 22" through 32" bass drums have 12 lugs.
Claws: Solid, ribbed design made of steel.
Finish: Red Forest stain
Washers: Double steel washers used on the tension rods.
Heads: Smooth White Ambassador
Drum Key: DK-10